The Blue Door is a venue operated by CRE Outreach and is a dedicated home for artists of all backgrounds and abilities. Come inside the Blue Door and see how we’re Transforming Lives…One Show at a Time! The Blue Door is a 50-seat theatre located a couple of blocks from the heart of Culver City.
CRE Outreach is seeking a Production Assistant for The Blue Door, who will be responsible for ensuring a high-quality experience for all audience members, actors, and guests of the venue. The Production Assistant will ensure smooth operation of The Blue Door in coordination with the House Manager, the Artistic Director, and each production’s cast and crew. The Production Assistant wears many hats in overseeing the success of daily operations of the theatre through the following key responsibilities:
Serve as Ambassador
- Serve as a friendly face to the public and audience members
- Greet patrons as they enter/exit The Blue Door
- Keep a cool demeanor in challenging situations or interactions
- Answer questions about the venue to passersby
- Answer patron questions about seating, bathrooms, concessions
- Check-in patrons with door list
- Sell tickets at door
- Assist House Manager and box office team as necessary
- Lock up cash box
Assist Actors with Disabilities
- Wait with actors for Access Paratransit after rehearsals and performances & coordinate the distribution of access passes for each actor
- Perform Sighted Guide for visually impaired actors (will be trained to correctly perform this task)
- Pick up food for actors from nearby restaurant during rehearsals and performances
- Clean theater and bathrooms after each rehearsal and performance
- Take out trash
- Report any repairs needed to House Manager
- Open theater 2 ½ hours before each rehearsal and performance
- Open the lobby and theatre doors at each intermission
- Keep an eye on the lobby during each production
- Lock up theatre after each rehearsal and performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of high school or equivalent
- Computer-friendly and willing to learn our new box office software, Arts People
- Friendly and patient with our patrons, performers, and our neighbors/community
- Willing to learn techniques for working with performers with disabilities
- Trustworthy and full of integrity
- A passion for the arts and excited to learn the ins and outs of running a theatre
This position is part-time with 15 – 20 hours per week at a rate of $15/hour.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Production Assistant” as the subject. Please submit materials no later than Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
To achieve our mission of transforming lives through the arts, CRE Outreach commits to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, equitable community. To that end, CRE Outreach is committed to ensuring that all people—including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion—are represented in the development of our staff, board, policies, program, participants, and audience members. We encourage applications particularly from minority groups, military veterans, and people with disabilities.
THE BLUE DOOR
9617 Venice Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232